January 26 & 27, 2018 – Boston, MA – Hilton Garden Inn Boston/Waltham
February 16 & 17, 2018 – San Antonio, TX – Trinity University
March 23 & 24, 2018 – Tucson, AZ – CITY Center for Collaborative Learning
April 27 & 28, 2018 – Miami, FL – Early Learning Coalition of Miami-Dade/Monroe
We’re excited to announce that we’ve built our organizational capacity to offer the annual SRI Facilitator Retreat in four different locations across the country this year. In response to your feedback, we’re designing an agenda to meet the professional development needs of facilitators who:
- work to develop internal capacity for change in schools and districts, across and among cities, states and regions, and internationally;
- facilitate adult learning that extends beyond the introduction of SRI tools and processes to encompass the intentional and sustained achievement of SRI’s mission;
- want to learn more about creating conditions for engaging conversations about inequity, examining assumptions and beliefs, and identifying and interrupting systemic barriers to equity in schools;
- coach, teach, and facilitate the work of SRI, and who seek opportunities for reflective discourse with others engaged in similar work.
The purpose of the SRI Facilitator Retreat is to:
- deeply reflect on our fierce commitment to equity in making schools better places for every student
- explore our own identity and where we find ourselves in this work, in order to continue moving along our own equity continuum;
- examine who we are, and the assumptions and beliefs we hold about equity, power, and privilege that show up in our facilitation;
- define what it means to coach for equity, and what might need to shift in our own practice for us to be even more effective;
- collaborate with others to develop and practice strategies that support us to make explicit connections between instructional practice, student learning, and barriers to educational equity;
- deepen our understanding of SRI’s development as a mission-driven organization, and the implications our mission holds for facilitators who work in SRI’s name.
- Facilitator retreats will begin at 8am each day and end at 5pm on Friday and 1pm on Saturday.
- Registration fees include breakfast each day and lunch on Friday.
- Lodging recommendations have been provided for each location, but attendees are welcome to find accommodations of their choice.
- Transportation to and from the retreat location is not provided by SRI and is the responsibility of the attendee. Though SRI will help to coordinate ride shares. Except for the Boston retreat in January. This retreat will take place at a hotel, where we have also negotiated a discounted lodging rate.